Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Mountains Win Again

In 2001 I started an adventure.  There are 48 mountains in the White Mountain National Forest over 4,000 feet high and way back then I set a goal of hiking all of them by the time I was forty years old.  Well, I have a year to go to reach my goal, and I’ve set up this blog to help chronicle the last steps of the adventure.

The final stages of this journey are going to be arduous.  The last leg of my adventure includes a Presidential Traverse and a Three Bond Traverse.  I will also have to tackle two of the more difficult peaks to bag, Mt. Isolation and Owl’s Head. Throw in Mt. Carrigain for fun and it should make for an interesting year.

There are some great songs with mountain themes.  Here is a great one from Blues Traveler. 

No comments:

Post a Comment